Why Should I Choose Invisalign®?
Choosing to straighten your teeth is a big decision that affects not only your appearance but also your lifestyle. The benefits of having properly aligned teeth extend far beyond a confident smile. Straightening your teeth can significantly affect your overall dental health.
As an adult, you may be looking to improve your smile for business or social reasons. Maybe you are a teen or the parent of a teen looking for an effective yet modern-day solution for improving your smile. Either way, Invisalign® or Invisalign Teen® can provide a simple way to accomplish your goals without having to put your life on hold.
With Invisalign®, you don’t need to worry about the gum and mouth irritation other teeth-straightening methods such as braces can cause. The Invisalign® aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever you like.
Invisalign® effectively treats a wide variety of cases, including crowding, spacing, crossbite, overbite, and underbite. No matter what stage you’re at in life, you’ll appreciate how our cutting-edge approach to treatment has minimal interference in how you live but has a significant positive impact on how you look and feel about yourself.
The Invisalign® Process
Whether you’re considering Invisalign® treatment for yourself or someone else, knowing more about the entire process can help you be more confident in your decision to choose Invisalign®.
During your initial consultation, we will discuss your concerns to determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign®. We will take X-rays of your teeth, which we use to create digital 3-D images. From these images, we will map out your treatment plan and tell you the approximate length of treatment. While every case is unique to each patient, treatment typically takes approximately twelve to eighteen months.
Based on your individual treatment plan, a series of clear aligners will be created specifically for you. These aligners are made of smooth, comfortable, BPA-free plastic that won’t irritate your cheeks and gums. You will begin wearing your aligners throughout the day and remove them when you eat or brush and floss your teeth. As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth gently and gradually begin to shift into place. To monitor your progress, you will also have occasional checkups with our office, usually only every six weeks or so.
Tips For Invisalign® Aligners Care
Proper upkeep and good oral hygiene are essential in keeping your Invisalign® aligners clean, invisible, and odor-free. Here are some tips to keep the aligners in optimal condition:
- The aligners can be easily removed for eating and drinking; however, failing to properly clean your aligners afterward can result in discoloration and a buildup of bacteria.
- It’s a good idea to periodically clear debris from your aligners with a soft toothbrush and water to maintain clarity. Do not use toothpaste, denture cleaners, or mouthwash for cleaning, as these substances could damage your aligners.
- Rinse your aligners when you remove them to avoid creating a breeding ground for foul-smelling bacteria.
- Brush and floss your teeth before reinserting your aligners. Proper oral hygiene is key in maintaining healthy teeth and avoiding cavities and decay.
- Brush your aligners gently. Vigorous brushing can scratch your aligners and leave visible etchings, so brush carefully!
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water while wearing Invisalign®. Many foods and drinks can stain or discolor your aligners.
Benefits of Invisalign®
Invisalign® is a state-of-the-art tool for straightening your smile. What makes Invisalign® the best option for reshaping your teeth?
- There are no metal bands or wires to trap food and plaque.
- The aligners are clear and virtually invisible.
- They are removable, so they will not get in the way of your activities.
- The aligners are easy to remove so you can eat, brush, and floss effortlessly.
- You graduate to a new set of aligners about every two weeks.
- It’s easy to monitor your progress with regular appointments.
- Invisalign® is useful for a wide range of smiles.